Mar 18, 2009

Something I read today that really struck me and wanted to share...
If we wait for the moment when everything, absolutely everything, is ready, we shall never begin.

- Ivan Turgenev, novelist, poet, playwright

Living within today

Sometimes it seems like we're always putting off our goals until some vague time in the future called "Once". "Once the New Year rolls around...", "Once the baby arrives...", "Once I have my new job...", "Once I retire...", "Once the kids are in school...", "Once the kids are OUT of school...". Sound familiar? By waiting for Once to get here, we waste time and frustrate our desire to do what we really want. It's a fact of life that every time one potential distraction disappears, it's quickly replaced with a new one. There will always be something that can stand in your way - if you let it. Ask yourself: are these distractions real reasons, or just good excuses for putting something off? Goals cannot be started in the future. The laws of time and nature dictate that you can only act in the present. You are here, today. So are your goals. The only good time to start is right now.

3 comments:

  1. Hey Cami, my name is Whitney, I'm a friend of Taylors from high school days. I just happened to find your blog today from a friends and wanted to say hi and congratulations on the wedding. It is fun to see what you and the rest of the Weights are up to! And I loved this post by the way, just what I needed to read today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Advice from someone who keeps up on her goals! (you are a great example of someone who is always trying to be her best self)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! I'm going to swipe it and post it on my blog - with credit to you, of course ;)

    ReplyDelete